Thursday, September 3, 2009

Outlook 2003 showing the statement "verify that you have access to this directory" and its solution!

I started with a problem in my outlook (2003), the IMAP folder inbox wouldn't become the default folder. It took me sometime just to figure how to make the IMAP folder the default one and for your help, i have again put the link of the article here.

Few days later, i had a problem in outlook in which the default signature couldn't be applied to any of my messages and whenever i tried to make any change in the settings, outlook would freeze and restart. Getting annoyed with the situation, i tried to repair office (2003) but to no avail. Then i asked the system admin to have a look and see if he could do something. He tried the system restore and all other stuff including the deletion of registry files. This other stuff became too big for my system to chew especially that registry thing. It (laptop) decided not to work and always pop up the windows installer. So bugged with the situation, i tried to uninstall the stupid office suite. However, windows which is built not to leave you until death, didn't even allow me to uninstall or reinstall and gave the stupid message, "verify that you have access to this directory" or something which meant like the statement mentioned earlier. Annoyed with the situation, i thought that its time to backup all the information, reformat the system and get everything in place and thereafter install the Windows 7 RC and have some fun on my laptop. Luckily, i happened to find an article on CNET which suggested Revo uninstaller to do the job (article here). My old friend Revo which i had on my system long back and about which i had forgotten was brought back into my memory. Then i did the whole uninstallation as per the suggestion in the article and there i was with no windows installer bugging me. Ultimately Revo turned out to be the MAN built for this kind of a job. I plan to have it on my system, i recommend the users of this article to do the same to help them getting frustrated from these kind of situations. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...