Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rajini catching goli: Reliance Digital HD tv ad

Reliance has not been a popular choice with me and many others like me with regard to their advertising as their ads has not touched me in a way which makes me remember them. But this time it seems different. I have somehow stuck to their latest offering the "Rajini catching goli ad" for Digital HD tv.

The creative elements in the ad work for me. The visuals are clean, cool and classy. The ad has a very modern day look and feel. I found the sound track to be really good. The ad sticks to me even after it is off air.

It has been some time since i have seen such a nice hummable tune in an advertisement. My childhood favourite has arguably been the Amul’s Dhoodh Dhoodh ad. (I loved the ad. Somehow couldn't find the entire 60 second ad anywhere on youtube). I guess the Reliance ad team is also happy that their ad is striking chord with their audiences. The fact that i am actually writing a post on this shows that i am really engrossed with the ad. The Reliance team has this to say about their ad:
A clutter breaking TVC with an anthem like jingle, simple hummable lyrics & shot on a phantom camera to bring alive a true HD exp.”
My favourite line in the ad is definitely the "Rajini catching goli" line. Which line is your favourite?


Transcript:
World Cup… Winning six...
Ganon ke Remix...
Breaking news ka drama...
Cartoons ka hungama…
Mere tv pey, sub HD mein...

Rajini catching goli...
Loud Speaker Dolly...
Bouncer pey Hook... Master Chef ka cook...
Mere tv pey sub HD mein…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many HD channels do they actually give? I doubt if its more than 5

Vikram Pratap Singh Thakur said...

@ anonymous

Reliance digital HD website says: "250 channels in high-definition like quality"

it seems that they don't provide true HD content. The content is converted to HD format [display resolutions of 1,280×720 pixels (720p) or 1,920×1,080 pixels (1080i/1080p)]

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...