Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What Facebook and Google are hiding – TED Talks

I came across this video with the title “What facebook and Google are hiding” on the internet and wondered if this was really something i would want to see. I am so happy that i did. The audience was awed by it and so was I.The Filter Bubble - What the internet is hiding from you by Eli Pariser
 
As a guy who does normal stuff on the internet, i knew that things were changed to an extent in the name of personalization. But it never occurred to me the extent to which things were hidden by bigges like Facebook, Google, Yahoo!, and other corporations in the name of personalization.

It brings us to the question: Are we willing to get personalized results at the cost of losing on reality? I think i would want to keep some objectivity in life and see my digital world not completely morphed. Further, I would like to have the power to control what i see and not giving the entire power to some algorithm which i don’t even know what it does.

This insightful and though provoking talk is by Eli Pariser who says that the Internet is hiding things from us. I would definitely recommend this video to everyone. Enjoy and please do express your feelings with us!!!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...