Sunday, February 28, 2010

Youtube - Your browser will be unsupported soon – upgrade - Solution

Recently i was very annoyed by the message which always flagged when i used to visit Youtube which stated that your "browser will be unsupported soon". This message was flagged on the my Youtube page despite me having the latest Mozilla firefox 3.6 version. For a while i decided to use Google chrome to manage my Youtube videos, however, after getting bugged up of shifting between browsers, i decided to find the solution. Though the problem didn't seem much complicated, it actually required some meddling with the software code of my browser. However, i was fortunate to find people having similar problems with their browsers as well.logo-wordmark-version-vertical

I later stumbled to a Mozilla support page wherein i found the solution to my annoyance. I have reproduced the solution provided by the-edmeister herein below for your easy reference:

Mozilla Firefox :

“type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter
If you see the warning, you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Filter = general.useragent.
Right-click the preferences that are bold, one line at a time, and select Reset,
Then restart Firefox”

This thing actually fixed my problem and i hope if it will fix the situation for you too. Till then Happy Surfing!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...